Skip to main content

Advice for the Newlyweds

Inspired* by Kirsty from a safe mooring, I thought my last post about our wedding should share the marriage advice given to us by our wedding guests.


As you may remember the guest book had different questions for them to answer, one of which was 'Any advice for the Newlyweds?'


We received lots of wonderful wisdom from our guests; some funny, some helpful, some we already followed and only a few that were really silly!

Here is some of the fabulous advice:

"Always listen to Gaynor" {sound advice from our very wise flowergirl}

"May the best days of your past be the worst days of your future" {a perfect reminder that your wedding day shouldn't be the best day of your life; there is plenty more to come}

"Be happy and treat life as an adventure to share together!"

"Never let the sun go down on an argument" {and loads of other variations of this theme}

"Keep a sense of humour"

"Be best friends!"

"Always remember to compromise"

"Enjoy every minute together!"

"Tell each other 'I love you' every day"

"Always be honest to each other!"

"Never spend too much time apart" {from married friends who were living in different countries}

"Don’t ever doubt each other"

"Agree to disagree!!"

"Respect and cherish each other"

"Enjoy your future adventures"

"Keep in with the in-laws"

"Remember, invent, pray"

"Laugh with each other"

"Keep talking"

a few who felt no advice was needed:

"No need for instructions"

"You wouldn't listen to us oldies!"

"Keep doing what you’re doing"

"You are the perfect couple"

and finally one of the more random offerings:

"Shouldn't have done it" {a bit late for that advice which I suspect was given after a few too many pints}

This advice will hopefully help take us through many many more years of marriage, not just when we are newlyweds! I think we need to find somewhere to keep the guestbook so we can get it out to look at; maybe along with the albums im still trying to find somewhere for!

With that I have finally finished writing about about our wedding, just in time for our 1st anniversary!

*Borrowed / stolen really but I did ask first!

(All images by Craig & Eva Sanders, last names smudged by me)

p.s Ive finally changed my blog header & removed the bride-to-be tagline! If you read in google reader click on over & let me know what you think of the new fonts.

Comments

  1. Love it! This is such a fun and creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: "Shouldn't have done it"--I can't believe someone wrote that!! Ugh. Well, at least others were quite gracious and celebratory!

    I like the adventure advice. I think of this as our journey together through life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Shouldn't have done it is funny, it was obviously after a few beers and they thought they were hilarious! I really love how much advice we got about the marriage (not so much about planning the wedding) so I think this would be a great book to look back on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I think "Agree to disagree" might be my favourite.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you; thanks for leaving a comment!