Skip to main content

Spanner in the works!

Although I have known about this since last Wednesday, I had confirmation yesterday that I'm going to be made redundant! Which is why I have been fairly quiet here, on twitter, and commenting on other blogs.

Obviously this isn't the best time for it happen {is there ever a good time?}, but its not the worst either. Since I'm not going to work my 4 weeks notice, I will be finishing work today, which means that I will then have 4 full weeks off before the wedding, which will give me plenty time to finish up all of my DIY items {and maybe make some attempt to look for another job!} My sister and nephew are coming up next Wednesday so I will be able to spend some time with them before my hen weekend and afterwards which will be lovely.

Thankfully for us, we already have all the money to pay for the wedding and everything that's been booked already and I'm still determined to enjoy our fabulous honeymoon, which has also been completely paid for. For once I'm glad we were so organised!

Everyone I have talked to about it so far has said that I have been remarkably calm about it but as there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, I don't see the point in getting that upset, especially since I have such a fabulous couple of months to look forward too! I have also seen many of my colleagues over the last 2 years being made redundant, so I'm thankful to have managed to keep my job for this long. This is definitely not the best time to be an Architect or a member of the construction industry!

Comments

  1. So sorry to hear that, but you sound amazingly positive. Redundancy is never nice, but often leads to better things, and at least you have a lovely month off to concentrate on wedding stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no poor you :( I'm so glad you're looking on the bright side though. I guess it does mean that you do have the run up to your wedding a bit more relaxed, and as you said everything's been paid for so there's no stressing there. Huge blog hug xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about this but you have a great attitude about it. At least you can focus on wedding things, which I'm sure will keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no Gaynor, thats horrible. I'm so glad that you can enjoy your wedding and honeymoon though knowing that the money side of things is ok, I hope you find something new soon too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does suck but you have totally the right attitude.

    There is nothing you can do about it. Silver lining and all that.

    More blogging for you! Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. Glad you are looking on the bright side of everything. Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry this has happened to you.
    The first time my husband got threatened with redundancy was 6 weeks before our wedding. Thankfully it didn't happen. However, it did when I was 7 months pregnant with our second child and since then he has been made redundant again.
    You sound very positive though and that is the right attitude to have while job hunting.
    Good luck with your wedding and enjoy the restful run up xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear the news. I'm in the property industry too and it has indeed been stressful!! You have taken the news very bravely though and it's great that the wedding and honeymoon has been taken care of moneywise so you don't have to worry. Good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you; thanks for leaving a comment!