Skip to main content

These are a few of my favourite things...

I've been tagged!

I'm very excited to have been tagged for the first time from a fellow British bride to be, the lovely Anna at anna and the ring!

The "rules" for this tag are:
1. Mention and link back to the person who tagged you.
2. List 6 little things that make you happy.
3. Tag 6 other bloggers and let them know they're "it".

So I have to list 6 things that make me happy. Since I had the start of a draft post about some of my favourite things, the topic for this tag is somewhat appropriate and will allow me to include most of those things!

OK, so here goes with my current list:

1. Stationery: I have always loved stationery (whats not to like about it) and I have been know to drag Graham and other members of my family around different paper shops in numerous cities {think leather bound journals in Italy and patterned paper, envelopes and ribbon from Kate's Paperie in NYC - a fantastic shop filled with any kind of stationery you could possibly want!}. This has recently evolved into stamping and its easy to see how its so addictive to make your own cards etc. It started with the save the date cards and will continue on the invites and into baby / birthday / wedding cards.


L-R: Kate's Paperie OrangeArt Correspondence Set; Golden Cherry Blossom Boxed Notes; Birds Note Cards; Trees Eclectic Notes
(Images from here)

2. Ribbon: I have always loved ribbon, I used to have numerous tops and belts with ribbon on but now I tend to use it on different projects. Last Christmas I used it to decorate mini Christmas cakes for everyone and ribbon will definitely feature on our invitations. I'm currently making baby announcement cards for my sister and they have the cutest new baby ribbon on them too.


L-R: Kristina Werner's Ribbon Storage; My Mini Christmas Cake
(Images from here; my own)

3. Orchids: My absolutely favourite flower (although I'm not great at keeping them alive). They will definitely be featuring in the wedding flowers, possibly in my bouquet and maybe in the table centres.


L-R: Phalaenopsis Orchids; Vanda Orchids
(Images from here; here)

4. Weddings: Everything to do with weddings, my flat is currently full of wedding magazines and I spend most of my time either blogging, reading other blogs, commenting on wedding forums or watching wedding programs on TV (Living TV's 'Four Weddings' is the latest!)

5. Twilight: This is my most current obsession and I'm currently reading the fourth book of the series (Breaking Dawn). It was a bit of a weird story at first but not long into the first book I was hooked and glad I had bought the second one at the same time! Just after I started that I made sure I got the last two so there would be no gaps in the story! I watched the film last weekend since it was on sky box office and I have to say I really liked it too, although Graham wasn't too impressed! Now I cant wait for the next film, New Moon, in November! I think we will be in Florida when it comes out so I reckon I can convince bridesmaid Hazel to come with me, even if the boys wont. In the same vein, I also love the Harry Potter books and cant wait for the last 2 films. I just bought my tickets to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince on Saturday - I'm so excited!

6. Travel: I love seeing the world and visiting new places (and the break from work it brings). Roll on October when we have a week in the Cotswolds with family and new niece or nephew then December when we will be in Florida for 2 weeks with Graham's family. Then it will be our honeymoon (hopefully Sri Lanka & the Maldives), followed by a week in Italy for Helen's wedding.

{I also love chocolate which I'm not eating much of at the moment due to weight watchers and I am loving people leaving lovely comments on my blog!}

I tag these other lovely bloggers:
1. Rosalie at Tea & Whimsy
2. Gee at Seven Weddings
3. Marie at Wife in the City
6. Heather at Heather Drive

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for the tag! I'll be working on my fav things soon! I am loving that I have an international follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you! I shall get working on it. Love the Orchids too and the ones you've chosen for the pictures are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous19/7/09 00:52

    Thanks for the tag! Am so with you on the ribbon obsession and the weddings (of course ;)). Also have just finished the first Twilight book - is it worth going on to the next one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I would recommend reading the others, even just to see how Bella's story turns out! I'm almost done with the last one and i'm really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you; thanks for leaving a comment!