Skip to main content

To capture the memories...

So with the church and venue booked, the wedding planning took a back seat as I was in the middle of my professional exams to become an Architect. It wasn't until after my exams were over in March that we started to think properly about other things.

Saying that, we did go to 4 different wedding fairs during February; Dedicated to Weddings Exhibition, Assembly Rooms (31.01.09); Scottish Wedding Show, Ingliston (08.02.09); Scottish Wedding Show, SECC (21.02.09) & the one at Norton House (22.02.09). Despite his protests, Graham did come to 3 of the fairs and only managed to miss the biggest one at the SECC which I went to with my bridesmaid, Helen, who is also planning her own wedding (trying to explain to each supplier that, yes, we were both getting married but also both each others bridesmaids was fun!).

At each fair, we mainly concentrated on photographers & cars, since they were next on the list. Of course we did sample plenty bits of cake, saw all the fashion shows, looked at stationery & chair covers and Helen & I even managed some wine tasting.

The photos are important to us since its the only thing that remains after the wedding day, however, the only thing we knew was that we would like to have 2 photographers (since me and Graham are getting ready in different places & I would like some pics of the church before I arrive) and would like them to capture the whole day from getting ready right through to the cake cutting & dancing. We also knew we wanted a mixture of styles.

We were given a couple of recommendations from our reception venue but unfortunately when we spoke to them at the fair at Ingliston, one was already booked on our day and the other charged too much for 2 photographers. During this time I also emailed a few other photographers that I had found online or heard good things about to get an idea of prices.

Having already spoken to loads, I concentrated on photographers at the SECC, and managed to find one whose work I liked and whose prices we could afford (although it was more than we originally thought). Unfortunately, the couple were not at the fair as they were photographing another wedding that day (good sign) so we took their information and I emailed them to make an appointment.

They are Craig & Eva Sanders Photography and are based over in Kilmarnock, south of Glasgow, so we went through to meet them on 8th March. The meeting was very successful, we got on well with them and were able to look at loads of examples of other weddings and discuss the type of shots we would like. We had a look through their package options and decided then and there to book them and pay the deposit.


(Images from here)

They haven't photographed a wedding at Norton House yet but when they sent our confirmation & receipt they told us that they have one scheduled for October this year and will let us see the photos afterwards. Although its at a different time of year, I cant wait to see the results. They also have a blog which I have been following as it is great to see other weddings they have photographed (see pics above).

Comments