Skip to main content

The colour purple

Purple is one of my favourite colours and I definitely wanted to incorporate it into the wedding. The bridesmaids dresses are going to be purple but a really deep dark shade, rather than a bright or lighter purple.

We are also using it as the main colour of the invitations and have already made the save the date cards* with purple card backing & purple ribbon. All the other stationery items (order of service, table plan, table names & place cards) will also follow the same theme.

As the tables will already have some hints of purple from the stationery, I think we may also use some purple flowers. Since its Easter Saturday we are getting married on I think spring flowers like tulips would be lovely. Although I absolutely love orchids and I'm sure they will also be making an appearance somewhere.

Until I collect enough relevant images and get round to making my own, I leave you with some gorgeous purple inspiration boards from Snippet & Ink, The Wedding Decorator, The Perfect Palette & Inspired Events:

Board #30 - Royal Purple
(Image from Snippet & Ink)

Board #139 - Purple Rain
(Image from Snippet & Ink)

Board #367 - Purple Hydrangea
(Image from Snippet & Ink)

Contemporary Purple Board

Romantic Purple Board
(Image from The Wedding Decorator)

Board #173 - The Color Purple
(Image from The Perfect Palette)

Feeling Purple Inspiration Board
(Image from Inspired Events)

*A post will follow about the save the date cards; they are almost finished and most have been sent already.

Comments