Skip to main content

24 Weeks

I am currently 25+6 weeks {in my 26th week}, and the baby is the size of a lettuce!


My bump is definitely growing but I still don't feel too big yet.


I had another midwife appointment at 22 weeks and everything was fine. Holden came with me and we got to hear the heartbeat and I was measuring slightly under at 20 but the midwife wasn't concerned. A couple of weeks ago both Holden and myself also had our flu vaccines. I will see the midwife again when I'm 28 weeks. I have arranged to finish work in the middle of January, taking 2 weeks holiday before my maternity leave begins at the start of February.

This time around, Graham's sister is also pregnant too, about 10 weeks behind me and due at the end of April. It's lovely to be able to compare as we go along. I'm excited to be an Auntie again and it's lovely that Holden and our new baby will have another cousin who lives a bit closer than the others. I'm already looking forward to our next family holiday with all the kids.

My sister and her family have just moved from Australia to Dubai so they are a bit closer than they were before and it will be a lot easier for them to come over and for people to visit them there. My parents are going over next week to see them before Christmas.

Just yesterday my dad papered a wall in Holden's room with robot wallpaper for us and he is also going to do a wall in the baby's room once we have the wallpaper, have cleared the other spare room and moved the bed! We have managed to sort our room which was required so that we can move some of the stuff from the spare room in to it. 

This weekend Holden has a birthday party and we have a 40th to attend before our 4D scan which we have booked for Sunday. We are hoping they can confirm its a girl before we buy anything else. We are planning to have Christmas at our house this year so that Holden can play with all his toys, rather then dragging him somewhere else for the day. My family are also going to come which will make 8 of us for dinner. Although I said our trip to Grassington would be our last until the baby arrives, I've just booked a night away at Stobo Castle with my mum, aunt, best friend, her mum & mother in law in January. It's just the girls so we plan to enjoy the spa, have dinner and relax.

Comments