Skip to main content

Holden: 13 Months

Holden's 13th monthly photo, taken on the 1st of every month.
 

Holden turned 13 months over three weeks ago. We've spent the start of March moving out of our flat which is why this post is so late. February was another busy month. Holden had three birthday parties to attend for his NCT friends, then we got him his first pair of shoes, in a tiny 2 1/2. Me & Holden went to Bath with my parents for a few days to visit family, and we also had to start thinking about moving by getting quotes for removal and storage of our furniture. We spent the last week of my maternity leave meeting a friend for coffee, another for lunch, visiting a gorgeous new baby then having lunch with Graham's gran. In preparation for me returning to work and Holden going to nursery, he had three trial sessions and was brilliant at each of them. He started properly on the 26th and so far he's really enjoying it, he loves all the toys and the other kids and he's been eating and sleeping well for them which is good. I'm back to work for three days a week but he only goes to nursery for two days as my dad looks after him on a Monday.


Holden is eating really well just now and so far he's eaten everything the nursery has given him, including banana which he always threw away at home. They said that they dont know where he puts all the food since he's so small and I think they didnt expect him to eat much. Sausages are one of his new favourites, along with the usual porridge, fruit pouches and yoghurts, and Im stil feeding him morning and evening. He finally has some teeth which is definitely helping his eating. The first appeared on the 21st of the month with the second following on the 1st of March. He had his 1 year check-up and weighed 16lb 121/2oz and was 71cm tall then had his next set of 3 injections in the middle of the month. He got a lot better at standing during the month and even took a couple of wobbly little steps from the sofa to me, on the 17th.


In March we are moving out of our flat then trying to get used to our new routine of work and nursery. Since we are going to be living at my parents until our new house is ready, we are hoping to be able to get a night out with friends aswell.

I've decided to carry on with Holden's monthly photos as I loved having them to look at altogether at his birthday party. I'm going to take the same photos every month if I can, beside his bunny and standing beside his penguin. {This month I didn't get a chance to take all of the photos until the 2nd!}

Comments