Skip to main content

Holden: Seven Months

Holden's seventh monthly photo, taken on the 1st of every month.


Holden turned seven months old last Saturday. My sister, nephew and niece were here for most of August so after our trip to Center Parcs we enjoyed lots of days with them including trips to the cinema, a children's farm park and a birthday party for my best friends daughter. We got Holden christened on the 12th, at the same church we got married in, with my sister and Graham's cousin Andrew as his godparents. We wanted to have the christening while my sister was still here and all of our family and friends who live near by were able to attend as well as Grahams sister and (now) brother-in-law. The week after that was busy with preparations for Grahams sisters wedding then the rehearsal and dinner the night before. They got married on the 18th in Haddington followed by a reception at the Dalmahoy Hotel and I was a bridesmaid and Graham an usher. We all stayed over at the hotel so enjoyed the facilities the next day before having a farewell dinner with my parents and sister in the evening. I helped to take them to the airport the next day and saying goodbye was made a lot easier by the fact we are going to see them soon. The last weekend in August, Graham and I spent the day at the spa at Norton House, using the vouchers I got for Mothers Day and both enjoyed a long massage, which was just what I needed to help my back. Holden spent the day with granny and grandad.


Holden has continued to love his food, and has tried quite a few finger foods as well. However, porridge, fruit and yogurt are still his favourites. I'm still feeding him as well unless I am away when he now takes formula without any issues. The health visitor is coming to weigh him next week so we will be able to see how much the solids are helping as he definitely feels heavier and has finally grown out of all of his 0-3 months clothes. He is changing so much at the moment, he never stays still for long, and is starting to sit up quite well and trying to move on the floor although he mostly just rolls around or moves backwards. His sleep is pretty good just now and if he ever wakes during the night its usually because he cant find his dummy or has reached the top or side of his cot.
 

I finally got all of the thank you cards finished and now need to do the ones from his christening gifts. This month we are looking forward to going on holiday to Australia to visit my sister and her family.

I'm going to take the same photos every month if I can, on the chair in his nursery beside his bunny and on his lambskin rug.

Comments